image (not from entry) from
Deadline: 20 June 2017
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Consulate General Lahore of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce funding is available through the Public Diplomacy Grants program.
- increasing civilian capacity to reduce violent extremism with a focus on vulnerable populations
- creating a healthier, better educated, and more skillful workforce
Focus Areas & Outcomes
- Sports Diplomacy
- greater connections between American and Pakistani sports organizations as well as between the players in the sports of cricket and at least one or more other sports to pick from: baseball, soccer, kabaddi and/or wrestling;
- increased capacity of local sports focused partners to continue and improve outreach;
- improvement in skill level among players, and increased competitiveness in higher level contests as a result of mentoring and coaching provided by the experts;
- empowerment of young female athletes;
- increased understanding and positive interactions among youth athletes of different genders, religions, and socio-economic backgrounds;
- interest from local audiences in the exhibit games between the American and Pakistani athletes.
- Women’s Economic Empowerment
- Women obtained or increased knowledge in relevant business skills, including but not limited to, finance, accounting, marketing, and sales; Women obtained increased knowledge of their rights, health, and opportunities;
- Women who participated in the project are able to earn a livelihood within three months of completing training and/or benefitting from small seed grants;
- Participants who were already earning a livelihood prior to participation in the project increased their incomes by 15% -25%
- Individual Award Amounts: Proposals may be between $20,000 and no more than $50,000
- Duration of Award: Up to one year
- All U.S. and Pakistani registered non-governmental organizations with relevant programming experience are eligible to apply. This experience should be documented in the organization’s proposal.
- Organizations must provide proof of registration with their application. U.S.-based organizations should submit a copy of their IRS determination letter.
- Pakistan-based organizations should submit a copy of their certificate of registration from the appropriate government organization.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Lahore will only consider proposals implemented in the following Administrative Divisions of Punjab Province: Lahore, Faisalabad, Dera Ghazi Khan, Bahawalpur, Multan, Sargodha, and Gujranwala. Proposals outlining activities in any other locations in Pakistan will not be considered.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.