image (not from entry) from
The Japan Information and Culture Centre (JICC) at the Embassy of Japan in Australia is looking for an assistant in public diplomacy. The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of JICC to organise and run public diplomacy programs.
The duties may include:
- Organise events including seminars, symposiums, cultural exchange events and invitation programs to Japan including booking venues, accommodation and transport, etc.
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders, such as media and tertiary institutions
- Translate documents, mainly from English to Japanese
- Update and maintain Embassy website and Facebook page
- Manage public inquiries relating to JICC business (face to face, phone and email)
- Assist with diary management, handling incoming telephone calls and meeting arrangements for the Director of JICC and the Educational Attaché
- Assist with any ad hoc duties required within JICC
To be considered for this postion you will possess:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven experience producing comprehensive written work in both Japanese and English (minimum JLPT N1 required)
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- The ability to multitask, work under pressure, organise and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines
- Comprehensive computer skills to support and maintain Embassy website and Facebook page
- Demonstrated capacity to promote Embassy work ethics, work effectively in a team environment with minimal supervision and direction
- Experience working in a Japanese office environment
- Interest and knowledge of Japan, including Japanese society and culture, economy and politics, and international affairs will be highly regarded
To be considered for this position, please send your resume with a passport sized photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 10 April 2016. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this position at the Embassy of Japan.
You will be asked the following questions when you apply:
- Are you eligible to work in Australia?
- How many years experience do you have in a similar role?
- When are you available to start?
- What is your highest level of education?