May 27, 2016
Headlines this week in PD News focused on the power of language to help bridge global communication and cultural gaps. A California-based language institute is equipping American soldiers with critical language skills prior to their overseas deployments, while in Uganda, the French Embassy is training Ugandan diplomats and students on emerging concepts and challenges in digital communications. Other headlines looked at language diplomacy [JB see] missteps and missed opportunities in China and the UK.
- France Starts Training Ugandan Diplomats, Students—New Vision
- India-Iran relations: Why Bollywood Is Our Common Language—BBC
- Learning Foreign Language Helps US Soldiers Bridge Culture Gap—VOA
- Urgent Action Needed to Close UK Languages Gap—PHYS
- US Embassy's Online Q&A Session to Help Chinese Netizens 'Discover America' Gets Shut Down—Shanghaiist