Mission of Japan to the EU
- Monitor and research key policy debates in the EU on issues relevant to the Mission;
- Compile clear, concise and informative reports on meetings and events in Brussels – e.g.;
- European Parliament plenaries sessions and committee and delegation meetings, think tank events, conferences, etc.;
- Research and draft articles, speeches and correspondence in English for the Mission;
- Proofread English language texts for the Mission.
- Liaise with MEP offices and external actors to support the Mission’s activities;
- Overall support to the Head of the Press and Public Diplomacy Section e.g. conducting general administrative tasks, writing/sending letters and emails, drafting lists of participants with Excel etc.;
- Carry out other general administrative tasks as requested.
- Master’s degree or equivalent;
- A sound knowledge of the functioning of the European institutions and the decision-making process at EU level;
- Work experience with a demonstrated ability in research, analysis, and documentation; professional experience in EU institutions, particularly the European Parliament, would be an asset;
- Excellent drafting and editing skills with a strong attention to detail;
- Native level of English language;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.);
- Ability to legally work in the EU.