May 6, 2016
Headlines this week in PD News examined the public diplomacy potential of economic engagement. From regional trade deals in Asia to U.S. economic investment in Africa, we saw the public diplomacy impact of commercial cooperation. Other headlines explored the economic benefits of sports and tourism for China, India and Nigeria.
- Africa: Obama's 'Commercial Diplomacy' in Africa—All Africa
- China Business: Football diplomacy opens doors—NZ Herald
- Nigeria: How Culture, Tourism Can Boost the Economy—All Africa
- Seizing the moment in Asian economic diplomacy—East Asia Forum
- Soft Diplomacy: India Bets on ‘Buddhist Circuit’ Tourism to Woo Neighbors—Sputnik News