May 13, 2016
This week in PD News, headlines showcased the power of cultural diplomacy to win hearts, minds and customers abroad. China is restoring ancient cave temples along the historic Silk Road in an effort to deepen regional ties between Asia and Europe, while South Korea is promoting its own cultural assets—from k-pop to k-dramas—to build new partnerships and cooperation in Latin America. Other headlines explored tourism in New Zealand and the rising popularity of East Asian fashion houses.
- All Blacks to Become Tourism Experience in Viaduct Harbour—Scoop
- China Developing Soft-Power Infra Along Silk Road—the Hindu
- Cool Asian Fashion Brands Challenge Western Labels—Business World
- K-Culture Diplomacy: From São Paulo to Tehran—The Diplomat
- New Getty Cave Exhibit Displays the Original Global Village—OC Register
- Seoul Gets Busy with Thousands of Chinese Tourists on Reward trip—Pulse News