Sunday, September 27, 2015

Rufftone's second term as envoy


the-star.co.ke

Rufftone and Korean ambassador Chan-woo Kim.
Rufftone and Korean ambassador Chan-woo Kim.
BY GRACE KERONGO
September 25, 2015 

On Monday, Rufftone will be given a letter of appointment from Minister of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Korea to renew his stint as a Goodwill Envoy for Public Diplomacy.
The gospel singer whose real name is Roy Smith Mwatia will be taking on the role for the second year.
Last year, Rufftone took on the role saying, “Personally, I feel there is more these two great countries can do together. We need to have Korean music artistes perform in our concerts, more Korean sporting activities being taught and integrated into our own.”
Adding, “I want to take it away from the internet and actualise it. I will work hard to see that Kenyan people, especially the youth, understand what Korea has to offer. I thank my fans because if I did not have a fan-base, I would not have been accorded such an honour.”

No comments: