Jul 1, 2016
This week in PD News, headlines explored the public diplomacy ties that bind nations together. In India, a new Bengali-language radio service seeks to strengthen cross-border dialogue with their South Asian neighbor, Bangladesh, while in the United States, an educational alliance between the 10 University of California campuses and their counterparts in Mexico aims to develop new partnerships and projects on both sides of the border. Other headlines this week looked at university exchanges in Asia Pacific, cultural diplomacy between Greece and Turkey, and the future of intra-regional cooperation among Arab states.
- A Call for Arab Diplomacy—The Cairo Review
- Greek Approval of Mosque Construction in Athens May Better Relations with Turkey—Daily Sabah
- India and Bangladesh Join Hands for Radio Diplomacy—Live Mint
- Students Welcome Plans to Boost Canada-Mexico Exchanges—Ottawa Community News
- UC-Mexico Initiative Gains Momentum on both Sides of the Border—University of California
- Young Aussies Hit Asia by the Thousands to Study, while Unis Slash Asia Jobs—Sydney Morning Herald