Public Diplomacy Capacity Building Advisor
World Learning [see.]
Location - Kyiv, Ukraine
Sector - Non Profit
Experience - Advanced
Apply by - Jul-28-2016
Posted - Today World learning banner
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of this one-year project. World Learning seeks a Public Diplomacy Capacity Building Advisor for an anticipated Department of State-funded program in Kyiv, Ukraine. The goal of the program is to assist the Government of Ukraine to develop public diplomacy capacity and engage with foreign audiences. S/he will serve as an advisor to the Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and will provide advice and assistance in the development, coordination and implementation of a public diplomacy strategy and program plan.
The term of this position will be from November 1, 2016 to October 31, 2017. The advisor is expected to reside in Kiev from February 1, to October 31, 2017.
- Conduct a needs assessment to determine public diplomacy strategy and goals for the Government of Ukraine;
- Identify an effective public diplomacy structure, including staffing and budgeting needs;
- Create a public diplomacy toolkit for the Government of Ukraine that includes programs such as educational and professional exchange, expert speaker programs, youth engagement, and cultural diplomacy initiatives;
- Consult on best practices for developing public-private partnerships to support public diplomacy activities;
- Consult with U.S. Embassy public affairs section staff and other relevant institutions on best practices;
- Provide quarterly reporting with a budget update to U.S. Embassy Kyiv on program activities;
- Develop a plan to measure the effectiveness of the plan of action, and timelines related to measurement;
- Possibly identify and recruited other U.S. citizens who will travel to Ukraine to consult on specific program elements.
- U.S. citizenship required;
- 10+ years’ of experience in developing, coordinating, and implementing public diplomacy policies, strategies, and plans;
- Professional fluency in English and in Ukrainian and/or Russian;
- Knowledge of government public affairs and commercial media. Experience with various forms of media;
- Significant experience working with high level offices and organizations, and communicating with Assistant Secretary-level officials or higher;
- Proven self-starter who can be successful working independently at various organizational levels and with executives/managers/leaders from multiple functional areas;
- Successful experience with individual and organizational capacity building, with a demonstrated ability to share knowledge, mentor and coach others;
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment with limited resources on compressed timelines, and the ability to resolve problems with innovative and creative solutions;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with counterparts to achieve goals through the provision of quality advice, support, and mentoring.
Please transmit: CV or resume not to exceed 3 pages; cover letter (in English) explaining your qualifications for this position through our website: http://www.worldlearning.org/connect/employment/. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please. Thank you.