More information about this job:
ITA International, LLC is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business specializing in providing detailed mission analysis, innovative organizational planning, technical staff training support and comprehensive assessments resulting in strategic-to-tactical solutions for government and private sector.
The Sovereign Challenge Senior Public Diplomacy Advisor shall:
- Formulate/contribute with the Sovereign Challenge Coordinator to broader strategy development, plans & programs; programming for HQSOCOM, Components, TSOCs and GCCs by providing alternative perspectives to combat violent extremism that pull ideas learned/realized through the execution of Sovereign Challenge program. Concept papers will synthesize key elements of thinking that challenge the current strategic construct. Concept papers must be suitable for publication in academic or national news outlets and be in compliance with academically acceptable report standards (i.e. MLA or APA guides or an equivalent standard)
- Assist the Sovereign Challenge Coordinator and the Sovereign Challenge Program Manager in all aspects of the program. The advisor shall develop and collect applicable metrics for all engagements and events, ensuring quality and facilitating future planning for the program
- Provide, maintain and store on USG systems after action reports, concept papers, participant dossiers, lessons learned reports and other program data on government portals and websites. After action reports shall be provided to the Government POC no later than ten (10) business days following the execution of each event to include but not limited to conferences, seminars, DATT Visits and other programs as determined by the Government POC. Additionally, at the close of each event the Senior Public Diplomacy Advisor shall provide a focused report on variances between the plan for the event and the actual event results. The document shall use the project management techniques to summarize "what was planned to happen," "what actually happened," and "what would be done differently to avoid variances for future events"
- Provide detailed info on all non-US attendees to aid senior US officials in discussions and dialogues; include GO/FO level read ahead for meetings and icebreakers; include biography, interest items, previous discussions, summary of meetings, and interactions for USG use
- Assist the Engagement Manager in sustaining the Sovereign Challenge APAN web portal in support of the Sovereign Challenge International Strategic Communication stratagem.
- Provide the Government, if applicable, with any lessons learned on task execution throughout the period of performance of the task via monthly reports and quarterly reviews
- Must have the ability to communicate verbally in Arabic and English with foreign Defense Attachés at language proficiency level 2.
- Must have 2 years of experience as Political Advisor (POLAD) or Deputy POLAD/ Foreign Liaison Officer/Defense Attaché/Foreign Area Officer (in any GCC or Functional Combatant Command (FCC) to more fully comprehend Department of State (DOS) Public Diplomacy goals.
- Must have experience in planning, executing and facilitating group discussions and produce tangible results to include analysis useful to USSOCOM Enterprise as demonstrated in previous facilitator group discussions/strategic forums.
- Ability to do comprehensive research and produce innovative thought-pieces, topics and processes to further improve Sovereign Challenge as demonstrated in public or private publications
- Project Management Professional Certification or 3 years demonstrated project management experience.
- Must have 1-year experience using MS Office products including SharePoint, word, and PowerPoint on a daily basis.
- Requires TS/SCI clearance
ITA international is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans