Ritu Saini, www2.fundsforngos.org
Embassy image from
Deadline: 1 August 2017
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of U.S. Embassy Swaziland, U.S. Department of State is seeking applications for its Public Diplomacy Grants Program.
The grants are intended for local representatives of civil society, including non-governmental organizations (NGO), think tanks, and universities, to support exchange between the U.S. and Swaziland with the aim of improving mutual respect and understanding. PAS will ONLY consider grants that have an American component or aspect in their proposal. This could include but not limited to, having an American film.
Proposals should be related to one or more of the following U.S. Embassy priorities:
- Exploring new and innovative ways to sustain awareness of an interest in HIV/TB prevention, mitigation, stigma reduction, and treatment methods;
- Encouraging meaningful civic participation, advocacy, and discourse on human rights across the full spectrum of Swazi society, especially among youth and women;
- Facilitating long-term economic growth and development by promoting entrepreneurship, leadership skills, and mentoring programs, especially among youth and women;
- Promoting innovative education techniques and entrepreneurship in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields, especially for girls; and
- Strengthening media standards, journalistic integrity, and promotion of free speech
- Floor of Individual Award Amounts: $1,000 USD
- Ceiling of Individual Award Amounts: $10,000 USD
- The U.S. Embassy encourages applications from all sectors: committed and organized civil-society organizations, private sector companies, local representatives of civil society, think tanks, non-governmental organizations, academic institutions, and individuals.
- Applicants are encouraged to provide cost-sharing from additional sources in support of their projects.
- The U.S. Embassy also encourages projects that use highly skilled volunteers as an element of cost-sharing.
- Applications should explain clearly other likely sources of funding or in-kind contributions.
How to Apply
Proposals should be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy in Swaziland.