Thursday, May 3, 2018

Interview with Russian actress Anna Danshina


London Theatre 1

Danshina image from article
Excerpt:
Q: Why the decision to come to England? Was that difficult to leave your homeland?

Anna: I wasn’t actually planning to leave my homeland, I came to England to study in Oxford and I was planning to go back after I finished my studies, however, I met my future husband here and he is British so I had to stay. I miss Russia a lot, but I like England too. I had developed a ‘special relationship’ with Britain before coming here as I used to work for the British Embassy in Moscow as Head of Public Diplomacy [JB emphasis] Campaigns and was promoting Russian-British cooperation in many spheres of joint interests including nuclear non-proliferation, climate change and human rights. ...

No comments: