Thursday, December 13, 2018

Updated: A former practitioner of "public diplomacy" kicked off Facebook ...

Sunday, October 7, 2018



Don't we all love Facebook? (updated, 10/14; 12/13, 2018)



Image result for impersonator
Image (not part of below exchange with Facebook) from

Updated 10/14/2018; original text unchanged, but posting format revised for clarity and text slightly edited (and Trump image added) 12/13/2018.

Reposting of this entry elicited by a reading of the excellent 12/13 NYT article at

From a Facebook "friend" (I assume it's a computer):
Enter Security Code
Warning
The number you entered doesn’t match your code. Please try again.
Please check your email for a message with your code. Your code is 6 numbers long.

Enter code
We sent your code to:
johnhbrown30@hotmail.com [JB - my former email address, which I repeatedly told Facebook is not my current one:
john.h30@gmail.com]

ContinueCancel
Didn't get a code?
[JB: yes, I did, but the code doesn't let me log into my account on
Facebook ...]

***
Someone reported you for impersonation
Inbox
x

Facebook 
Wed, Oct 3, 8:52 AM

to johnh.30

Hi John,

Hi,

It looks the account with name John Brown has been disabled
for pretending to be someone else, which goes against our
Community Standards. To learn more about our Community Standards, please follow the link below:

https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards#using-your-authentic-identity

If you think we made a mistake, please reply to this message
with an ID or other documents that contain your photo, name
and date of birth. You can learn more about the types of IDs
and documents we can use to confirm your identity in the
Help Center:

https://www.facebook.com/help/159096464162185/?ref=cr

If you're having general issues logging in to your account,
please visit the Help Center for troubleshooting tips and
additional ways to get help:

http://www.facebook.com/help/login

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

John Brown 
Sun, Oct 7, 6:30 PM

to case++aazq5nfn5d56ry

Why am I not getting a Facebook reply from whomever you may be? I have sent two emails to you with images of two of my IDs. Maybe "you," not I, are an impersonator ... Best, Dr. John H. Brown, former Senior Foreign Service diplomat and practitioner of "public diplomacy" who served our country (I hope it's yours as well) for over 20 years, mostly in "hardship posts"  ...


No comments: