CPD is pleased to announce the 2016 Summer Institute in Public Diplomacy, to be held in Los Angeles from July 10 to July 22.
For the past ten years, CPD has sought to offer the most comprehensive and cutting-edge professional education in the field of public diplomacy through rigorously integrating academic scholarship and real-world problem-solving. Our two-week program reflects the fast-changing public diplomacy landscape while providing a wide range of hands-on skills and analytical capabilities essential for high-impact public diplomacy practice.
This summer’s curriculum will include:
- Foundational knowledge and practice of public diplomacy
- Impact of the policy/public opinion/media nexus on public diplomacy strategies and implementations;
- Data-driven public diplomacy campaigns and evaluation;
- Digital storytelling and crowdsourcing for multi-stakeholder collaboration and network-building; and
- Case study of public diplomacy practices by emerging global powers.
Taught by some of the world’s most distinguished public diplomacy experts, the Summer Institute faculty for 2016 come from a broad range of prestigious universities and organizations, with diverse professional and international experiences.
The Summer Institute equips mid-career professionals from governments around the world, including representatives of foreign affairs, defense, and national security ministries. The curriculum emphasizes public diplomacy’s role in fostering mutual trust and productive relationships among nations, and articulates public diplomacy's crucial role in building a secure global environment.
For more information about the program, click here.