Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Arye Deri likely to replace Silvan Shalom as interior minister


jpost.com

Kara image from
Excerpt:
[Isreal's PM]Netanyahu hinted in a closed-door meeting of the Likud faction at the Knesset that Deri would replace Silvan Shalom, who is retiring from politics due to charges of sexual misconduct. ...
Several Likud ministers and MKs expressed interested in receiving promotions, including Tourism Minister Yariv Levin, Culture Minister Miri Regev, and Deputy Regional Cooperation Minister Ayoub Kara.
“I think that today I find myself in a strong position as an acting minister, managing a ministry that deals with the entire Arab world and Africa,” Kara said. “I have a promise from the prime minister that I will be a minister, and I expect him to keep that promise, especially due to my experience and my loyalty.”
Kara said he was happy with his current portfolio, but he emphasized that in the tourism ministry, for example, he could promote Arab tourism.
He added that a Druse minister would also help Israeli public diplomacy. ...

No comments: