Dec 18, 2015
Headlines this week in PD News showcased the roles of art and cultural diplomacy around the world. The U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi hosted UAE officials, artists and American diplomats for an exhibition of drawings, while the Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA) produced a series of prints for U.S. embassies around the world to “broaden international understanding of the contemporary Native art experience.” Meanwhilee the Building Bridges Art Exchanges in Santa Monica, CA celebrated 10 years of international collaborations with artists, museums, cultural centers and foundations in more than 25 countries, noting that “it doesn’t matter where you’re from or what language you speak: art is a universal language.”
- Art Makes International Connections—Argonaut Online
- Changing the rules of the game for Turkish contemporary art—Hurriyet Daily News
- IAIA Alumni Produce Prints for US Embassies Around the World—Indian Country
- Museum of American Diplomacy to Open in 2017—VOA News
- Sketches of world’s largest sculpture unveiled in Abu Dhabi—Gulf News
Want PD News in your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly digests.