"Master Cultural Diplomacy," mastersportal.eu; see also (1) (2), on the teaching of public diplomacy at the Edward R. Murrow Center for a Digital World (Cyber - Media - Public Diplomacy) at the Fletcher School, Tufts University.
The Master in Cultural Diplomacy programme from Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (UCSC) is structured around two major fields of study: Arts for Diplomacy and Soft powers; Digital Diplomacy. These two fields aim to provide a sound understanding of the importance of the arts and cultural events by influencing public opinion and as reputation generators. Additionally, the use of technology and new media is pivotal in promoting and supporting the action of cultural diplomacy’s soft power.
The Master aims to create qualified professionals. Students will be provided with an in-depth knowledge of what public and cultural diplomacy is, in relation to both the traditional concept of international relations and the rapidly evolving use of soft power.
Students will also acquire professional skills in communication strategies which will be useful in strengthening the roles of culture, arts and entertainment as soft powers. During the field projects, students will be encouraged to shape their own ideas which will contribute to the development of the work carried out
Career opportunities; professional recognition
There is a wide range of professional opportunities for students of the Master, including:
- International consulting firms
- International research institutes
- Communication management in international foundations
- Press office in international organizations and NGOs
- Political & public affairs in consulates
- Public & cultural diplomacy in international organizations
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Management of international relations in cities and regions
- EU organizations and local representations
- Management of international affairs and global communication in multinational companies
- International relations in media companies and television
- Planning of international mega events in sport and show business