Jun 10, 2016
From art exhibitions to art awards, headlines this week in PD News were all about cultural diplomacy. A new mural in Charleston, South Carolina honors an influential botanist who helped shaped the state’s early trade dealings with France, while in Iran, an innovative art show convened contemporary artists from Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and the UAE for an inside look at 21st century Arab life. Other headlines looked at collaborative art projects from Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
- 5rd Edition of Chughtai Art Awards Held at Konya—The News
- European Researchers Used 3D-Modeling and Instagram to Recreate a Museum Destroyed by the Islamic State—Quartz
- Ho Chi Minh City Hosts Four Art Exhibitions—Tuoitre News
- Looking to the Cultural World to Solve Europe’s Problems—NY Times
- The French Connection: New Mural at Charleston Airport to Honor Influential Botanist Andre Michaux—Post and Courrier
- Why Iran's First Contemporary Arab Art Exhibit Was Important—VICE