From diplomatic spouses to citizen ambassadors, headlines this week in PD News showcased the people behind public diplomacy. In the Central African Republic, Muslim and Christian journalists have co-created a radio station to reconcile the two communities following years of sectarian violence, while in China, Indian expats and diplomats have come together to form a cultural group to promote classical Indian music. Other headlines looked at soccer diplomacy, trade partnerships and gender equality.
- An Artist, an Athlete and a Diplomat Fight for Gender Equality—VOA News
- Diplomatic Spouses Rally to Help Migrant Children in South Tel Aviv—The Jerusalem Post
- Duke Women's Soccer Set for Week-Long Trip to Beijing As Part of Consultation on People-to-People Exchange—Duke Chronicle
- Group Promotes Intercultural Ties—The Korea Times
- Indians in China Form Body to Promote Classical Music—The Times of India
- Premier Promoting B.C. Tech in Japan—Kelowna Now
- This Radio Station Is Trying to Heal one of ohe Most War-Torn Parts of Africa—The World Post