Industry TV Jobs
Job Status Not Specified
Salary Not Specified
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking a Reporter in New York City to join our Current Affairs team. MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN's mission is to provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information to the people of the Middle East about the region, the world, and the United States in support of U.S. public diplomacy. [JB emphasis]
The Reporter is responsible for covering events, people, scenes and trends of the Arab American community in their city.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Reporter include, but are not limited to:
- Reporting events and stories, describing the background and details of events.
- Arranging interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
- Researching and analyzing background information related to stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
- Gathering information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, , artistic, social or other functions.
- Pitching no less than 5 stories a week to producer which are relevant to the local community.
- Receiving assignments and evaluating leads and tips to develop story ideas.
- Discussing issues with producer to establish priorities or positions.
- Checking reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts.
- Revising work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements.
- Shooting mobile video events and interviews for no less than 3 reports a week.
- Writing and doing on camera stand up in Arabic to introduce the event/interview
- Ensuring that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Conferring with producer to discuss assignments, logistics and shot requirements.
- Setting up, composing and executing video shots.
- Maintaining video equipment.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Candidates are required to have:
- Proficiency in Arabic and English (writing, reading and speaking).
- Social-media skills
- Experience with storytelling techniques on multiple platforms
- Experience in mobile reporting and filming with IPhone
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Self-motivation and self-direction.
- Bachelor's in Communications, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education.
- 2 + years of applicable experience
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.