Monday, February 6, 2017
Video Producer - Public Diplomacy (Washington, DC)
Seeking a highly motivated candidate to create "digital- first" Public Diplomacy video content that will be distributed across multiple platforms including the internet, mobile devices, broadcast television and conference events. In this dynamic position you will work on several projects at once under strict deadlines and be an active part of a creative team. You will work with, not only video professionals, but also clients who are not fluent in video and will need to be walked through the production process. The ability to effectively pitch ideas, offer creative and technical solutions, to problems, and think of innovative ways to reach a desired audience will be key to the position. The position serves as a part of the International Information Programs/Video Production Team as well as support for other offices within the Department of State.
Duties and responsibilities for this position are as follows:
· Develops creative concept to implement creative brief (strategy and messaging) as identified by supervisor or EP; develops script, storyboard, outline or treatment for approval.
· Coordinates production elements including acquisition of content elements, which may include multi-media and interactive elements, as well as the typical gamut of interviews, location shots, b-roll, graphics, etc.
· Designs and implements feel and style of the video work product.
· Coordinates with stakeholders to ensure production is on-schedule and consistent with the initial brief.
· Works closely with talent/participants.
· May attend meetings with high-level USG officials.
· Teaches/trains others on mixed media use and production techniques.
· Excellent ability to also have a flexible, team-oriented approach to work.
· Must have professional, client-based experience as a non-liner video editor. Must be comfortable working with a variety of frame rates, sizes, and codecs. Must be proficient at color grading and creating custom deliverables. High proficiency with Adobe Premiere is a must, as well as a solid ability to utilize the entire Adobe CC15 suite including plugins from Red Giant and Video Copilot. The ability to edit under deadline and juggle multiple projects at once is key.
· Professional experience creating dynamic motion graphics. An expert knowledge in Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop is a must.
· Must have solid professional experience creating digital- first content and integrating strategies, styles and techniques to optimize social media engagement.
· Must have at least intermediate skills shooting video.
· Preferred is experience working within integrated communication campaigns teams.
· Work closely with team members and clients on project conceptualization and execution, which includes pitching ideas , drafting scripts, coordinating and directing shoots.
· Work independently to ensure the needed assets per project are acquired, projects stay on track and deadlines are met.
· Work on multiple projects at once, managing assigned workload and prioritizing deadlines.
· Work on projects which vary in length from short, quick turnaround projects which take a few hours, to projects that take several months to complete.
· Import (video) shoot content, convert and tag media as needed with metadata , generate rough cuts and final edits of short form videos including but not limited to promotional materials, PSAs, and 1-3 minute short documentary style pieces.
· Experience using and managing video assets with a MAM.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers