image (not from entry) from
Deadline: 15 June 2017
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy in Guinea is seeking applications for its Public Diplomacy (PD) Small Grants program.
Local grants are intended for non-governmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, and academic/arts institutions.
- Strengthen and support ties between the United States and Guinea
- Promote inclusive economic growth and U.S.-Guinean cooperation in business entrepreneurship, science and technology, and education
- Encourage participation in building democracy and civil society, especially for women, religious or ethnic minorities, and youth
- Support human rights, justice and an inclusive society for all Guineans
- Promote awareness and appreciation for American culture and the arts
Local PD grant proposals must be for less than $10,000 each and will be reviewed every other month.
- new media concepts aimed at reaching wider audiences
- media training projects
- English language programs
- programs that strengthen government and private sector communications capabilities
- youth community service projects that practice democratic processes and encourage volunteerism
- civic education projects that promote democratic processes and human rights
- proposals that support the dissemination of tolerant voices of traditional and community leaders
- arts and culture programs that feature an element of increasing understanding of American culture or American-Guinea cooperation
- radio and television programming in support of the above
- Goals and Objectives – The project is likely to provide maximum impact in achieving the proposed results.
- The project addresses one or more of the U.S. Embassy Conakry Public Affairs Section priorities outlined above.
- Applications are accepted in English and French; however final grant agreements will be concluded in English.
- Applications will be reviewed on the basis of their completeness, coherence, clarity, and attention to detail.
How to Apply
Proposals should be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Guinea
For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy in Guinea.